Wednesday, June 15, 2011

How it came to be

I have wanted a puppy for as long as I can remember. I always had dogs growing up and I wholeheartedly believe that life with a dog is exponentially better than life without.  Last fall I met my first Vizsla during my job walking dogs - her name was Sadie and I just fell in love with her. She was this velvety cuddle ball just bursting with love! I decided that if I were ever to get a og, this would be it for me. Then I realized, during a conversation with friends, that the only reason I didn't have a dog was because I was waiting until later, like when I was all grown up. Well, I am 31 years old so maybe that wasn't a good reason anymore. Besides life is too short and if I wanted a puppy, what better time than the present!
I visited the fabulous breeders at Busch Farms back in February to meet them and their amazing dogs. I was overwhelmed by how gorgeous the dogs were and by how knowledgeable the Busch's were. I stayed for about 2 hours and they answered all of my questions and took me on a big tour to meet all of the dogs. While I was there I put a deposit down for a puppy for the summer.
Next, as anyone who knows me will tell you, I told everyone I came into contact with about my upcoming puppy. I talked about it to my friends, family, yoga students, people I met at the gas station (seriously I did). I couldn't believe I was actually going to have a dog! I started reading everything I could about dog training and dog psychology. I was trying to educate myself so I could raise the best little puppy I could.
Then just 4 days ago I finally brought him home.  And he is perfect. A perfect little creature who is filled with curiosity, complete trust, a huge sense of adventure and so much affection that he can barely contain it.

No comments:

Post a Comment