Monday, June 20, 2011

Equally rewarding and challenging

The reason I picked Laszlo out of all of the other puppies in his litter was his personality. He had this attitude about him - the little tough guy. He wasn't aggressive or a bully to his other siblings but he definitely had a confidence about him that I fell in love with immediately. I knew when I made the choice to take him as my pup that I was setting myself up for a challenge.

Laszlo's sweet side is just as big as his tough side. I think this balance will help me to deal with our battles for dominance which will be coming in the near future.

I am amazed at how much work it is to have a puppy. I understood, on an intellectual level, all of the things I would have to do and deal with but in reality it is so much harder! There are so many things to work on - house training, crate training, bite inhibition, obedience, socialization, leash walking, etc. The list is endless and feels incredibly overwhelming. I am trying to just focus on a few things at once and take it one day at a time.

It is harder than I thought I can honestly say that I am completely exhausted mentally and physically but when I look at him and he looks back at me, right in the eyes and tilts his little wrinkled head it is so worth it.

1 comment:

  1. The two of you are having a great adventure! Keep having fun and tell Laszlo HI from us.

    ReplyDelete